Are You Seeking Legal Assistance?
As of June 2022, TLDEF does not currently accept inquiries for legal help that fall outside of the Trans Health Project and the Name Change Project. TLDEF only pursues a few impact litigation cases per year, and usually cannot assist with individual legal issues. We have provided a few legal resources that you may find helpful.
- If you need help with a legal issue and cannot afford an attorney, visit lawhelp.org for self-help resources and information about legal service providers.
- If you need help with an employment matter, visit the National Employment Lawyers Association directory.
- If you or a loved one is in jail and in need of bail assistance, visit the directory of community bail funds.
- For other legal matters, try the Transgender Law Center’s Helpdesk, the National Center for Lesbian Rights Legal Helpline, or The National Center for Trans Equality’s trans legal services directory.
If you have been the victim of violence or are currently in crisis, please consult the following resources:
- If you are experiencing violence, please consult the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs.
- If you are experiencing thoughts about self-harm, please contact Trans Lifeline or The Trevor Project.